Julia Fourie | Life Coach Cape Town
Life Coaching Tip: Check Out To Check In
Julia Fourie, Life Coach, Cape Town
September 13 2018
When was the last time you paused and checked out from the world so that you could really deepen your relationship with self? Perhaps you might be wondering how this could benefit you and impact your life?
For instance, by starting an internal conversation with yourself by checking in to your thoughts, body and feelings you will start to really gain a sense of what you need, how you’re feeling, what your dreams and fears are, and much more.
Often we are too busy with the external demands of the world, the urgent matters and we forget about the most important connection in our life and that is with ourselves.
Here is a simple technique you can try right now and every single day (in fact, go mad and repeat as often as you like!):
1. Take a deep breath and simply pause and really notice how the breathing feels. Where can you feel it? Just notice.
2. Ask yourself “How am I feeling?” When you answer, reflect on the number of words you can use to describe this.
3. Then ask yourself, “When I hear that I am feeling like this, what emotions does that stir in me?”
4. Check in with your body, what is it telling you? You can literally do a quick scan and see what sensations you notice.
5. Now ask yourself, “What action will I take now that I have listened to myself?”
The magic about this check-in is that each time you experience this the deeper you will go and the more you will notice.